Working together to provide safe and quality homes for those in need.
Why work for us?
Our work is based on our values of putting people first, working with integrity, being open to innovation and working in partnership with like-minded organisations. Our values are the foundation of our organisation and shape how we deliver services. We put people first and work hard to create a friendly and supportive working environment. This is reflected in our Investors in People silver status, which we were awarded in March 2019, and our ambitions to work towards Gold and Platinum status over the next few years. We are dedicated to investing in your learning and development, and at the heart of this is our desire to develop a culture of employee engagement and high performance
When you join our team, you can expect:
- Offices in the heart of east London, a short walk from Stratford station, Westfield Shopping Centre and the Olympic Park
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance (for those who are not members of the pension scheme)
- Healthcare cash plan run by BHSF (employees can claim money back on their everyday healthcare costs – like trips to the dentist, opticians or physio)
- 27 days annual leave rising to 28 days after two years’ service and 30 days after five years’ service, in addition to public and bank holidays
- Eye tests for staff who are not in the BHSF scheme
- Support for professional qualifications after one year’s service
Senior Compliance Officer
- Location: Stratford, London
- Salary: £43000
Are you committed to improving the safety of homes? Have you got experience covering areas of compliance in a social housing setting for either a client or contractor? Have you experience managing suppliers and delivering improved services? If you want to work for an organisation that is passionate about ensuring customers’ homes are safe and you have experience in managing statutory compliance, we want to meet you!
We are Local Space, a 2,700-home registered provider of social housing operating in East London & Essex. We are a G1 V1 rated RP (Registered Provider). We are Investors in People accredited and are the only housing association to hold the sector’s highest credit rating, AA-.
Originally formed by the London Borough of Newham as an innovative and independent vehicle for the acquisition and refurbishment of temporary accommodation. We work in 8 London boroughs and across a variety of districts in Essex. We continue to buy and refurbish properties and added 300 homes to our stock last year. We also offer intermediate rented homes for local key workers.
We know that one of the best ways we can achieve greater quality of life for customers is to provide them with a home they can be proud of and deliver cutting-edge services that are a pleasure to use. That’s why we’ve tripled the size of our component replacement and planned works programmes and are making a major investment in the development of our repairs and online services over the next 4 years.
We’re looking for someone with experience in compliance and health and safety and someone who understand the value of ensuring excellent communication with residents is maintained at all times.
You will be working within the Property Services Team (6 staff). The team are responsible for the day-to-day delivery of our responsive repairs, voids, planned maintenance, component replacement, statutory compliance and some facilities management services.
Your role will be to ensure that Local Space is compliant with legislation, health and safety regulations ensuring we provide homes that are safe for our customers to live in.
- Responsibility for the 6 main areas of compliance; Gas, Electric, Water Hygiene, Fire, Lifts, and Asbestos.
- Manage, support and design the implementation of compliance contracts and works.
- Manage and monitor service contracts with external providers and be a first point of contact for contractors.
- Monitor and report on the performance of contractors engaged on service contracts and works related to statutory compliance.
- Evaluate, approve or reject claims and invoices received from contractors in accordance with the terms of contracts and with Local Space’s financial rules. Issue variation orders and further instructions as required.
- Carry out pre and post inspections, issue orders to contractors, address substandard works by contractors as set out in contracts.
- Investigate and respond to customer queries in a timely manner in accordance with service standards.
- Investigate feedback and complaints received by customers and take immediate action to remedy dissatisfaction or resolve any issues identified.
Please apply for this role online here. The closing date is 30 June 2021 at 12pm (midday).
For more information about this role email Elina Rice ElinaR@localspace.co.uk