Local Space is more than just bricks, mortar, rents, repairs and re-lets. We play an increasingly important role as we operate and contribute to local communities through invested capital and supporting our tenants to live in their homes.
By providing homes, we transform spaces into places and places into neighbourhoods. Our considered procurement of materials and services from local businesses stimulates inclusive growth in local communities.
Local Space has bought social benefits to our neighbourhoods by:
- Helping to sustain tenancies through early intervention.
- Supporting our tenants to reduce their debts.
- Providing long term safe and secure homes to homeless families.
- Providing accommodation at lower rents than the private sector.
We have also:
- Provided work placements for young people.
- Supported our local food bank through donations and fund-raising activities.
- Provided local charities office space to hold meetings and training sessions.