Local Space customers can now get free, impartial and confidential debt advice from the UK’s leading debt advice charity, StepChange.
If you are struggling with debt, Stepchange is there to help:
- Visit their website at www.stepchange.org
- Call them on 0800 138 1111 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm
The debt advice process
When you visit the StepChange website, they’ll ask you a few simple questions to find out what kind of help you need. This could be debt advice, budgeting help, support with managing persistent debt, or help dealing with the rising cost of living.
They’ll ask for details of your income, your monthly outgoings and your debts and use this information to recommend the best course of action for your circumstances, and help you start to take control of your finances.
StepChange’s unique debt advice tool is available 24/7 on their website.
It gives customers confidential and personalised debt advice and the same recommendation that they’d receive over the phone.
Other useful resources
- The Breathing Space information pages can help you understand how the statutory Breathing Space scheme works and whether you could be eligible.
- The life changes guide can help people who have experienced financial difficulty due to a change such as bereavement, long term illness, divorce or separation, or job loss.
- Info about emergency funding for anyone in a cash crisis which details where to get help now, this month, and over the longer term.
- The guide to paying off a persistent debt can help you build a budget and see if increasing monthly payments can save you money.
- Info on debt and mental health, designed to help spot the signs of debt stress and take steps to overcome it.
- The cost of living crisis webpages contain information about dealing with bills, emergency
funding and dealing with the rising cost of living.
- The debt information library contains everything you want to know about debt, including what bills to prioritise, and how to deal with court action or bailiffs.
The 60-second debt test
Have you got 60 seconds? StepChange can help you find out in just one minute if you need help with your debts.
Starting the conversation about debt might be the last thing you want to do. To make this easier, spare a minute to answer five simple questions.
This will help you understand how close you are to having a debt problem. Whatever you’re dealing with, StepChange are here for you. If you do need their help, StepChange can guide you through what you need to do next.