A website for all
We try hard to make our website easy to use for everyone.
We use the most up-to-date and best technology we can, but nothing’s perfect and we’re always trying to make things even better.
We want things to be right for you, so if you are having any problems using this website please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some things we already do that might help you.
Text to Speech Apps
There are a variety of free ‘Text to Speech’ downloads available on the web that allow you to listen to the words on our website instead of reading them.
These might be useful for people who:
- Can’t read English very well because they’re from another country, culture or background
- Are dyslexic
- Have problems with their eyesight or are blind
- Just find it easier to listen, rather than read
Keyboard or mouse, what’s best for you?
Some people might prefer to use a keyboard rather than a mouse to move around our website.
Just use the Arrowkeys to move up and down or left to right on a page
- Press Tab and Enter to look at and click on menus or links
This might be useful for people who:
- Have problems moving around
- Suffer from repetitive strain syndrome and/or have pain in their hands
- Just prefer to use a keyboard
PDFs and Acrobat Reader – what’s that?
All through our website you can click on documents that explain in more detail some of the things we mention on the web page you’ve been looking at.
We use a document called a PDF (Portable Document Format) to do this.
- To read a PDF document you need a program called Acrobat Reader installed on your computer
- If you don’t have it already it’s simple to get – and it’s free
- Download it here
Local Space is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This statement was prepared on 18/12/2020. It was last reviewed on 18/12/2020.
This website was last tested on 18/12/2020. The test was carried out by Local Space.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test our home page, contact us page and many more.
You can read the full accessibility test report [add link to report].