As your landlord, by law we have to carry out certain repairs. But tenants are responsible for other repairs. It’s a partnership, and to make sure your property stays in good condition we have to work together.
To find out more about how Axis and Local Space are keeping you safe during the coronavirus, please read this Safety First information pack.
What to do if you’re a London Borough of Newham tenant
If you’re a London Borough of Newham tenant and you want to report a repair during the day or out of hours (that’s not gas related), please contact the Council’s Repair Operation Centre (ROC):
- If you’re worried because you smell gas, call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999
- If your heating has stopped working or you have no hot water, please call K&T Heating on 0800 193 0477 or Local Space on 020 8221 4000 where your call will be re-directed.
What to do if you’re a Local Space tenant
During office hours (9am to 5pm)
- Phone 020 8221 4000 and select the ‘Repairs’ option
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your repair will be given a priority where we will carry out repairs within the following timescales:
- Emergency – completed with 24 hours
- Urgent – completed within 7 days
- Routine: completed within 31 days
For out of hours emergency repairs (5pm to 9am on weekdays, or at weekends):
- If people or your home are in danger please call Local Space on 020 8221 4000 where your call will be re-directed.
- If you’re worried because you smell gas, call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999.
- If your heating has stopped working or you have no hot water please call K&T Heating on 0800 193 0477 or Local Space on 020 8221 4000 where your call will be re-directed.
How we arrange for repairs to be done
We know that you can’t always be at home when we need to carry out a repair, and some people ask a friend or family member to be there for them. This is fine, as long as they are aged 16 or over.
Our Repairs Inspectors and Contractors always carry an ID card, to show exactly who they are and that they are working with us. You should always ask to see this before letting them into your home.
If you have any doubt please call us on 020 8221 4000 or e-mail: email@example.com
- We carry out morning and afternoon appointments (9am-1pm and 12noon-5pm)
- If you’ve booked an appointment, please do your best to keep it
- If you can’t make an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible
- If you don’t let us know and we come round, you may still be charged
Call us 020 8221 4000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.