Help and Advice

Some people who have special reasons will not be affected by the changes. These people will get discretionary housing payments (DHPs).

To find out how you can apply check with your local council website. Or, if you need help, contact us on 0208 221 4000 or email

You can also get more advice from:

  • Citizen’s Advice Bureau – call 08444 111 444 or go to the website to find a local branch
  • StepChange Debt Charity  – call 0800 138 1111 or go to the website here
  • National Debt Line – call 0808 808 4000 or see the website
  • Money Advice Service  – call 0300 500 5000 or see the website
  • Direct Gov – look at the benefits or the Department of Work and Pensions pages for information on benefit.  Go to website.
  • Money Saving Expert – for budgeting hints and tips go here
  • Turn2Us – for information on benefits and grants at the website