What should I do if I have problems paying my rent?
- The first thing to do is call us and tell us what’s going on
- You agreed to pay your rent on time when you signed your tenancy agreement and rent should always be the first thing you pay, as you could lose your home if you don’t
- If you’ve got money worries call us. We’ll talk through all the money you have coming in and going out so we can make a fair deal for you to pay your rent and any money you already owe on your rent
- We have specially trained people who can help. They can also make sure you’re getting all the benefits you should have
- Once we’ve made a deal that will get you back on track, you must make sure you pay on time and keep in touch with us if anything changes
Want to know more? Watch this video.
Are money worries affecting your health?
If you feel like your money worries are getting you down and affecting your health, this tool from the NHS can give you some tips on how to get back on track and feel in control.